Enjoy the magical spectacle of Japanese-style umbrellas and bamboo lanterns in the motif of the local lantern festival.
A hot spring with “no added or circulated water” and a continuous supply of fresh hot water direct from source.
The “slightly alkaline hypotonic” qualities of one of the hot springs has a skin beautifying effect popular among females, and softens hardened skin.
Enjoy the popular smooth water quality of the hot spring in your very own comfortable space.
Applying the power of the
Land of Fire to the bathhouse.
With numerous volcanoes,
Kumamoto is the Land of Fire.
Kasa no Yu represents the overwhelming natural power of the Land of Fire.
Illuminated Japanese umbrellas of various sizes create a bold and vivid space.
Filling the bathhouse with
the purity of the Land of Water
Kumamoto is also known as the Land of Water.
To live up to the name, Takeakari no Yu is full of pure water, which is the source of life.
Bamboo lanterns gently illuminate the surface of the hot-spring water, creating a mysterious atmosphere.
Hot spring Information
- Source name
- Ryuganji Onsen
- Spring quality
- Alkalescent hypotonic hot spring
- Spring temperature
- Types of baths and their qualities
- Large baths and open-air baths (all use hot-spring water)
- Circulation and free flowing conditions
- Free flowing type (hot-spring water is supplied at a constant flow)
- Addition of water
- Addition of bath salts
- Neuralgia, muscle pain, joint pain, frozen shoulders, motor paralysis, stiffness of joints, bruises, sprain, chronic digestive diseases, hemorrhoids, sensitivity to the cold, convalescence from illness, fatigue recovery, health promotion
- Acute illness (especially with a fever), active tuberculosis, malignant tumor, severe heart disease, respiratory failure, renal failure, hemorrhagic disease, severe anemia, progressing diseases in general, pregnancy (especially first and last trimesters)